About the Unit
The Unit of Mathematics, Pure and Applied (UMPA), is the mathematics laboratory of the École normale supérieure de Lyon. It is a joint research unit - UMR CNRS No. 5669- established in September 1991 and shared by:
- the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS),
- and the École normale supérieure de Lyon.
The laboratory is structured into 4 teams:
- Partial Differential Equations (PDE) and Modeling,
- Geometry, Groups and Dynamics,
- Number Theory.
Bringing together 34 faculty members and CNRS researchers, 5 administrative and computer staff, 6 AGPR and lecturers, 22 PhD students, 11 postdocs, 1 PRAG, the laboratory is also a partner (links available in the menu "Our Networking" at the top right) of:
- InfoMaths Doctoral School (ED 512),
- Labex Milyon,
- Research Federation of Mathematics of Rhône-Alpes-Auvergne
and participates in many ANR projects and ERC projects.